Thursday, May 27, 2010

~Bye-Bye Green! Hello Gray! ~


I spent my rainy Wednesday painting my daughter's room. 

Have I mentioned my disdain for her apple-glow-in-the-dark-need-sunglasses-everytime-I-am-in-the-room green walls? 


Well....they are no longer. 

Sorry - sad non edited photo. I am in a hurry to put the room back together! Yes - that is the silver leaf lamp my hubby tried to throw away! Well.. its baaaaack.

Up went Stonington Gray by Benjamin Moore (except, sorry Ben M. I committed paint adultery and went with a colour match Behr low VOC paint instead - which went on like butter)

I am pleased with my colour choice. It is a soothing soft feminine gray. It has blue-violet undertones that looks amazing with her black furniture and fuschia accents.

She comes home tomorrow. I will not succeed in finishing the room like I had hoped.  I have been pricing out foam for the headboard and found out I need to order some in, which will take a week. Sorry darling. Good design doesn't happen overnight, it is a process that requires time. 

 I need your help with the headboard foam: 

Should I go 2" thick or 3" thick? She wants a curved top with tufts. I was thinking I might attempt diamond tufts, so not sure what thickness to go for. Maybe someone out there might have a suggestion or two? 



  

No comments:

Post a Comment