Monday, May 10, 2010

~An Afternoon Tea with Good Company~


This past weekend I had the most wonderful afternoon with good company. Victoria, a very friendly, talented designer and blogger and one of my biggest supporters organized a tea for local bloggers at a quaint cafe, The Little White House Salon Cafe in historic Fort Langley, BC. 


Source: Design Ties

I was honoured to be included in the group that is full of amazing talent. While relishing the tiny sandwiches, savouries, desserts and petit fours we enjoyed great conversation, getting to know one another a little bit better. 



It was delightful  to meet in person the ever talented women behind inspirational local blogs. Among the group was ( from left to right), Nancy from Marcus Design, Maria from Colour Me Happy, Victoria from Design Ties, myself, Tracy from My House of Giggles, Catherine from peace love sweater, and Karla  from Kerrisdale Design.  



Myself, Victoria, Karla and Nancy

Karla, myself, Catherine, Nancy and Maria

We enjoyed wandering around the The Little White House, the furniture, accessories and clothing shop owned by Cheryl Krecsy, whose home and this shop has been featured in various publications such as Style at Home and Canadian House and Home. The shop and cafe is situated inside a historical home, The Marr House

The shop is loaded with gorgeous furnishings, antiques, luxurious linens, one of a kind clothing, lighting and accessories. Everywhere you looked there was a feast for the eyes.









I love the rustic elegance of the cafe, the mix of crystal chandeliers, ornate mirrors, white furniture and the rustic barn board walls.




 I love this chandelier, it reminds me of a cluster of grapes. I love how it casts a unique shadow on the ceiling. 

Thank-you Victoria from Design Ties for organizing the get together. We all look forward to more!








No comments:

Post a Comment