Monday, May 24, 2010

~Kitchen Chairs Get Classy~

*Edited: August 21, I am linking up to Nester's impromptu "chair party"


As I mentioned in my previous post, I have been a busy bee this past week. After re-painting Georgia's chair with spray paint and a monogram I was eyeing something else to paint.

 Our kitchen chairs were my next victims. 

I loathe those chairs. 

We bought them a long time ago and two have already met their fate. One fell apart over the winter, you can read about it here. I still haven't bought new chairs; partly indecision, procrastination and not wanting to spend a lot. I really want some modern chairs, I think they would go wonderfully with my old antique library desk that serves as our kitchen table.


{These are the type chairs I really want}

In the meantime, why not spray paint the chairs? 

Here they are before, in all their pale oak glory {along with my UGLY 90's oak kitchen that I can't spruce up because I am renting}




After 6 cans of spray paint, running to Home Depot to get more, dodging rain drops, breathing in fumes and keeping my dog away from the wet paint they are finally finished!




I think they look amazing. 


{I love our old table, it was our first furniture purchase when we got married almost 19 years ago, it was painted with layers of bright red and blue and then green, that we my husband lovingly stripped and sealed.}







My 14 year old daughter asked why hadn't I done this sooner, they look so much better.

 I have to agree. 

Linking to:

  


No comments:

Post a Comment