Wednesday, November 3, 2010

~Thrifty Find~






Re-designing our 16 year old girl's room on a budget has been so enjoyable. Instead of running out to various home good stores to buy eveything ready-made I have sourced a few accessories for her room from the thrift store. 

It seems that thrift stores here on the west have caught onto us bloggers and their prices reflect that {grrr..}, 
despite that I have managed to find some diamonds in the rough.


I spotted this ceramic bird in all it's shiny glazed glory,  


Using a little white spray paint ...


  it becomes a chic accessory for her bedside table.

Last week I discovered a small local thrift shop where I found this beautiful metallic dish, perfect for storing her jewellry and hair ties she removes at bedtime.



Now I can't wait to replace her wobbly bedside table.

 I visited Ikea on Friday and bought this to hack {I am hoping to work on that today}:


BUT:
They were out of this:

source: Ikea

They told me to check back in a few weeks as they are undergoing renos and have put ordering fabric on hold -hmph! 

Guess the drapes will wait. I did buy some other fabric to replace her hideous venetian mini blinds - my plan is to make a roman blind!


The projects never end around here but I am having FUN!


No comments:

Post a Comment