Friday, November 5, 2010

~To-do: Slipcovered Parsons Chairs~











 With the introduction of an ebony stained dining table in the spring, I find my open concept north facing dining/living room is way too dark. All the wood finishes and soft furnishings either black, ebony or a dark black-brown. 




{Old dining table}


New table {grainy photo, but you get the picture}

Tired of the darkness  am ready to lighten things up. This room needs some pizazz, just the other day my husband complained how dark and uninviting it was. He is so right! When I finish the kids' rooms I am going to re-vamp this space.


 Before I go and paint out the sideboard and bookcases I would like to sew some slipcovers for the parsons chairs that flank the dining room table. The plan is to use a creamy white linen or canvas - something that launders easily. 


My dilemma is what style of slipcover to make?


 Should I sew a slipcover...

with a flirty ruffled skirt?





or flirty ruffle with a bit of leg showing (so risque)





A floor length tailored skirt?


Pleats?


Or simply tailored?


Hmmm... not sure, so many choices.

I think I am leaning towards pleats, what do you think?



No comments:

Post a Comment