Thursday, November 25, 2010

{happy thanksgiving to my american friends}


While we lived in the US {Virginia} for only a few years, we embraced and enjoyed Thanksgiving. You Americans sure know how to kick off the Christmas season with a big huge party! 


I loved how the neighbourhood became quiet on Thanksgiving, with the aroma of turkey baking in the air. I loved how the next day was a Christmas decorating blitz, both outside and inside homes. After moving back to Canada, I found our Thanksgiving, which is early October, just didn't have the same excitement. Now I enjoy the US Thanksgiving vicariously though all the American blogs and my former Virginia neighbours.



I want to wish all my American neighbours a Happy Thanksgiving. 

Thank-you for following and reading my blog. 

Most of all thanks to those who have become wonderful friends, even though we haven't met, I find that it's through blogging and our love of DIY and design that we have found a common ground and friendship.


No comments:

Post a Comment