Thursday, October 6, 2011

Thanksgiving Inspiration


This weekend, we Canadians celebrate Thanksgiving! 

I am so looking forward to visiting with family, enjoying a relaxing weekend without any sport activities {ok, who am I kidding, hockey goes on all the time around this house}, watching the leaves turn into their fall colours and eating turkey and all the trimmings! 


YUM!


 To get into the fall spirit I like to decorate simply, using gourds and my daughter's squash painting.








But nothing is more inspiring than browsing through magazines and websites to get all excited for the upcoming holiday.

Here are some Thanksgiving inspiration photos courtesy of Style at Home 
{one of my favourite decor magazines}

These are so simple and can be a great DIY!

Spray paint some gourds black for a classic touch.


 Fabulous tree screen printed pillows.


Gorgeous bronze place card holders with a name written in a typewriter font.

But....Thanksgiving isn't complete with a fabulous meal.
I love a simple roasted turkey and whip up my famous stuffing.
I get requests for it all the time!


Not only do pumpkins make fabulous decor, but they are simply delicious cooked up as yummy pumpkin pie.



How do you like to decorate for Thanksgiving? 
What are your favourite Thanksgiving recipes?

XO Barbara


No comments:

Post a Comment