Thursday, September 1, 2011

Chiang Mai Dragon Pillow #2


Not letting the whole grommet issue stand in my way, I managed to whip up a fabulous pillow with my second memo of Chiang Mai Dragon from Schumacher.


My saga began last November when my wonderful blogging friend Karla took Nancy and I to fabric wholesalers. 

She managed to snag me two memos {that's what designers call "samples", I like to say "memo", makes me sound like I know what I am doing} of Chiang Mai Dragon from Schumacher in Alabaster and 

When I saw the generous sizes I thought , "Yes! I can make pillows"

until I saw these:

Blasted grommets.

But they did not deter me.

My first pillow turned out like this:




And now the second pillow is complete.

Grommets? What grommets?



I cut and appliqued a flower over each grommet using a blanket stitch.



And sewed an invisible zipper. 


This fabric just makes my heart go pitter patter.

Tomorrow: pillow tutorial #2!

XO Barbara

No comments:

Post a Comment