Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Roman Blind: Finished!


The Roman blind saga has now come to an end.

 I am finished. 



My dilemma was trying to find dowels long enough, which was a challenge. But one reader and fellow Canadian blogger, Mel from Junkin Junky, suggested bamboo.  I tried drapery supplies stores but custom cut dowels were $5 each. The bamboo was $0.39 each. Not hard to figure out which I chose. The plant nursery must of thought I was crazy, as I was  going through all their bamboo trying to find the straightest pieces. 

Since I have never sewn a working Roman blind before, this was quite an experience.  In retrospect it wasn't too bad, I am now going to sew two more. I found online tutorials were few and missing details I had to figure on my own, so you won't be surprised that I plan on photographing all the steps for the next blind to share the nitty gritty details.

Piece of cake!


Voila!



My son's room is going to get new paint and bedding. The blind was needed as the sun sets later and the other blind wasn't blocking the light. I made this blind with blackout lining. It works so well, so much in fact, that last night he was complaining it was too dark!

Off to cut more fabric for blind #2.

No comments:

Post a Comment