Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Sewing Up a Storm


Remember my fabrics that I ordered from Tonic Living?


Well, I bought a few more last week.

Some plain linen to use as pillow backing that will go with my most favourite fabric.


I got the fabric as a sample thanks to my wonderful friend Karla from Kerrisdale Design. I was hoping to purchase some chiang mai dragon by Schumacher but at $250/yard I couldn't justify it. When Karla took me and Nancy from Marcus Design to a few fabric warehouses with a while back, Karla managed to get the salespeople to give me 2 samples, just enough to make a 2 throw pillows.

 I do need to be creative because they did this:


No problemo, I can't work with that.

Next, I am sewing a roman blind for my son's room with this fabric:


I just can't get enough of this black and white fabric.

And finally I am re-vamping these store bought drape panels for my oldest daughter's room which is almost done:


Sew, I will be sewing up a storm.

XO Barbara

No comments:

Post a Comment