Thursday, May 26, 2011

My Trip to Anthropologie


Vancouver finally got an Anthropologie

Yesterday I met my friend, Carol from The Design Pages, at Anthropologie. 
{I think I can call her a friend, after a few thrift store jaunts we have jumped to meeting for lunch. She is far better talented than I, but she doesn't let on how brilliant she is

A visit to Anthropologie is quite a trek as I live in the suburbs, and anyone from the Vancouver area knows that with all the new highway/bridge building the traffic can really stink. Nonetheless, I was excited to hit Anthropologie. 

After living in a Virginia suburbs of Washington DC for a few years, where all the exciting stores {and outlets} were, it was a bit of a shock coming back here. The closest Pottery Barn {we only have one here on the west} is all the way in Vancouver. You Americans don't know how lucky you are, a Pottery Barn in every major mall, as well as Williams and Sonoma,  Crate and Barrel, West Elm, and the list can go on. Let's not even get into the topic of a Target in almost every town.  We Canadians, let me re-word that, we Vancouverites are deprived of a decent selection of furniture and inspirational stores to shop at!

So we get excited when a new store pops up, even though it is a 45 minute drive away {at least for me, Carol, lucky her, lives closer}

Here are a few pics I snapped up while at the store. 



The sad part of this story is put two DIY gals into an Anthropologie and they just end walking around saying, "I could make that!"

Like this lamp shade...
 A great DIY project, dictionary pages torn and decoupaged on a lamp shade.


 Loving the owl cookies jar, so retro. I am seeing my elementary school friend Alison's 70's kitchen with funky owl wallpaper and yellow appliances.


Anthropologie has a delicious selection of knobs.


One of my favourites was this owl knob. Wouldn't it look fantastic in a nursery?


These were shower curtains, about $120 each. Uhmm, totally could make that.
Or you could use this idea for drapes in a girl's room.



We loved these dishes, the poetry didn't make sense, but was a fabulous idea. My daughter is taking ceramics, maybe I can convince her to make me something like this?


Carol resisted buying something while I couldn't, these came home with me:


A pretty turquoise knob for my daughter's room to add a bit of bling to her desk.


Being a caffeine addict, I love a great coffee cup. Coffee tastes better in a fabulous mug, no?


The rain is back, a great excuse to finish my never-ending sewing pile.

One project is finished though, which comes with a long overdue tutorial. 
A store bought drapery panel makeover!

If I can get a decent photo of the whole project with all this grey weather, I will have it up tomorrow!

What is the weather like where you are? Dreary as it is in Vancouver?

XO Barbara

No comments:

Post a Comment