Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day


Wanting to wish all the amazing women I have met a 
Happy Mother's Day.


 And to my sister who is expecting #3, may you have a wonderful day {while you hang out with me at the spa!} 

And to my own mother, who made one of the greatest sacrifices in her life, she {with my father} escaped a communist regime in order to give her children freedom. She left the only country she ever knew, left behind all her family, landed in the middle of a frigid northern Canadian winter, not knowing a stitch of English and with only 2 suitcases in her possession.

 Thanks mom! 

You have taught me all I know. My mom is my DIY heroine. She made things beautiful from cast-offs and from what little we had. She worked hard, sewed up a storm and painted away to create a home that we could call our castle.

{I need a more recent photo of my mom and I.
 This was taken 2 years ago when I still had braces and a broken arm!}


Love you,
Barbara

No comments:

Post a Comment