Friday, February 25, 2011

{ikea rast hack round-up}


I love a good Ikea Rast hack, taking this humble plain Jane {no offence to Jane} dresser to a one-of-a-kind piece.


It is so inexpensive, made from solid wood, has clean lines and a flat front that lends itself to being hacked and re-created into something beautiful.

Since I tackled one recently and my blogging friend Nancy from Marcus Design just revealed her creation, I felt it was fitting to share with you the many ways a Rast can be hacked!

Here is my hack using black paint, silver leaf and crystal knobs





And Nancy's amazing Rast hack made to look like a Dorothy Draper dresser:



Another fantastic Rast hack is from the lovely Lindsay at Aubrey and Linsday's blog


Another creative re-vamp by Allison at Welcome to My Home


One with a sleek, modern touch from Living the Live Wire




Using crisp white paint and simply gold knobs, Lakeitha makes over a Rast for her bedroom


And this one I found on design*sponge made by Eric from DMD


Has anyone else hacked a Rast? I would love to see it to add to the round-up!

XO Barbara


No comments:

Post a Comment