Thursday, October 28, 2010

~A Diamond Tufted Headboard: The Reveal~

This day is long overdue, after starting my daughter's room re-design wa-a-a-a-a-y back in June,


I am finally finished the headboard!


I  could blame my husband for the delay, as I was waiting for him to help me cut out the headboard shape, but two weeks ago with the sun shining I decided to bite the bullet and fire up the jig saw.


 It took some courage to start up the jig saw, I have a fear of lightening fast moving sharp blades with the power to cut off appendages.


I am happy to say that all my fingers are intact and now I can show you the results of all my hard work. 


The headboard has been finished for over a week but I was patiently waiting for the sun to shine. Photographing on the "wet" coast is a challenge as our sunny days are limited.


Without further adieu......




May I present: 




{A diamond tufted headboard}




Made with a luxurious polyester silk in raspberry. 
(No matter how much I tweaked the photo- the colour shows redder than it really is)


Made with LOVE {and blood, sweat and tears}.


Made in Canada {not China}


Made for a wonderful 16 year old.




{Total cost: $55 }

Wood: free
Foam: $30
Batting: $10
Fabric: $5
Buttons: $5
Thread: $5

Not bad...


Come back Monday when I will post the tutorial {its a long one}

Linking to:

No comments:

Post a Comment