Monday, February 15, 2010

Laundry Room Reveal~





I am finally finished the laundry room. 

Truth be told I was waiting for some sun to take some photos and to finish my 6 loads of laundry. I started this room a few weeks back when my plans were waylaid by a sick child. What is a home-bound girl going to do? 

Paint!

My oldest daughter had walked in and asked "Why the laundry room? No one sees it"

 My response:

 a) I am procrastinating in finishing your room darling.

b) I had the uncontrollable compulsive urge to paint something (do you ever get that?)

c) I tend to do a lot of laundry (ask my husband - he is always commenting on the never-ending laundry) and I need a pretty room to do it in.

 I do live in a rental home but I can still have a lovely laundry room.

My goal was to spend nothing.

I did end up buying fabric for the ironing board cover and faux roman blind at Ikea and new knobs for the cupboards - cost me $13.00 for the fabric and $1.99 for the knobs.
Using leftover Benjamin Moore Buttercream paint from the family room I painted the 90's away.
Everything else was re-purposed or re-arranged. Love what spray paint and chalkboard paint can do to a room!

So here it is.

Before in all it's peachy loveliness...



After





















This week I will share some of the details of how I made or improved the items that helped bring this laundry room to its final glory.

Linking to:
*edited March 30: Beneath My Heart
*edited April 9:

No comments:

Post a Comment