Thursday, February 4, 2010

Black Onyx Strikes Again~


I wasn't called into work today so I decided to recover a chair we have had for a while. 

Actually I was procrastinating doing other projects such as putting the final touches on the laundry room re-do project.

I bought the chair as a young and penniless newlywed.The chair was a steal for $10 at an antique shop and it has served us well. It has been painted a few colours over the years and I painted it's current black colour several years ago. The seat was covered with a floral linen and I decided to update it with the Waverly paddock shawl onyx fabric (try saying that 10 times really fast) that I have used in other projects such as my DIY memo board and throw pillows.

What was needed:

screwdriver 
staple gun
fabric
cup of strong coffee 

I removed the seat from the frame using a screwdriver. Then I removed all the staples from the fabric. Next I laid and cut the new fabric to cover the seat, adding 2 inches all around. Using the staple gun I stapled the fabric to the underside of the seat making sure to pull the fabric tightly and evenly around. Finally I screwed the seat back to the chair and.....


Voila!

~before~

No comments:

Post a Comment