Saturday, January 16, 2010

Fabulous Find and a Dresser Re-painted



I repainted my daughter's dresser about month ago. I bought this dresser about 16 years ago before my oldest daughter was born for $10! It came with a shelf hutch but I recently left it on the curb with a big "FREE" sign.



~Yes - that is my son who insisted that he needs to be in the picture with his light sabre~



~before~


 It has been painted several times over the years, first a dark blue with colourful knobs and then white with pink crystal knobs. My youngest daughter, who will be 14 soon, has the dresser and wants it gone. Sometimes my family doesn't appreciate my need (it is like a disease - I can't help myself) to fix up the old. I am searching for a dresser taller in height but for the interim I decided to re-paint it yet again with a lovely soft pale green. I wanted white crystal knobs but didn't want to pay the $6 each price tag (I would need 9) so I opted for brushed nickel knobs.  






The icing on the cake was as I was wandering around Winners (TJ Maxx in the US) I found this great mirror hiding behind some paintings. Either I discovered someone's hiding spot or it was just placed there. It was exactly what I was looking for! 






Now all I need to do I re-paint her bed OR try my hand at making an upholstered headboard. 


So many things to do, so little time.


This dresser is going to visit:













No comments:

Post a Comment