Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The "after" photos



Voila!

The dresser and bookcase in their final glory. I am thinking of getting a new frame for our one-of-a-kind print of Wayne Gretzky (on wall above bookcase) that my dear friend's late father made for us. FYI: There are only 3 prints made - and Wayne Gretzky has one! 





Before - sanded and primed


This was my childhood teak dresser. It was stained on top with no hope of rescue. The soft black paint looks great. The colour was a mis-tint from Benjamin Moore.


The desk before and after. I am going to paint the oak chair a beautiful deep red. I found it on Craiglist for $15! I am also shopping for a great big bulletin board and some shelving to put above the desk for my son's ever growing rock/shell/bug collection jars. I think his sisters are playing a joke on him - note the whoopie cushion on the seat!


***edited Oct 15/09: I linked up at the The Shabby Chic Cottage for Transformation Thursday
and to Kimba's A Soft Place To Land DIY Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment