Friday, March 4, 2011

{friday musings}


This week I managed to start to paint my lovely thrift store chairs I found last week while thrifting with Carol from The Design Pages. They are gorgeous cane back chairs made from solid wood.  I am spray painting them Blossom White by Rustoleum and upholstering the seats.

But...yesterday I had a setback.


I am not happy. 

They are coming into the house to cure in a warm dry environment and then I will have to sand, prime and paint again.

But....
 I sent out a tweet on Tuesday asking for an opinion for an upholstery choice:  "black velvet or black and white stripes"? It was unanimous. Black and white stripes won but what solidified the deal was a tweet from Margot Austin.

 Yes, THE Margot Austin of Style at Home fame!



 Margot Austin 

@ I vote B&W stripes!

So the same fabric that is going on this chair {which is still a work in progress}.



Is going on these lovelies.


Also......

a big thanks for Hare Styling {another talented Canadian}


for featuring my "A Little Bling" project on her blog.

Thanks Melissa!


So what projects do you have planned for this weekend?




BTW: Don't forget to enter my $50 gift certificate with Novica!


XO Barbara

No comments:

Post a Comment