Friday, March 19, 2010

A Quick Update~

I love spray paint

I love how spray paint can give items an quick and cheap update. I always have black and white spray paint on hand  just in case the painting bug strikes. My favourite spray paint project so far was turning this thrift store beauty into a modern "Jonathan Adler-ish" lamp. You can read more here.


from gram


to glam


While I was waiting for the paint to dry on the lamp I was itching to spray paint something else. My eyes scanned the kitchen counters (cue the Jaws soundtrack ) and I spied my knife block. It was a bit blah.


 Why not spray paint it black to blend in with my ugly  lovely gas stove? Using some spray primer and then 2 coats of black semi-gloss the knife block went from blah to hurrah! It cost me absolutely nothing!


No comments:

Post a Comment