Friday, April 15, 2011

Black and White Striped Armchair : The Reveal


Remember the sneak peek of my chair I gave you last week

It is finished. Yay! 

Took me forever. 

Bought the chair for $50 in November and it is now April. 


Yup, took me forever.

Here is a quick rundown of what was involved. 

Removed the ugly vinyl that was nailed on with a gazillion 1" nails and nail heads. 




That took forever, patience was needed. 

Then removed second layer of dusty fabric that was nailed onto the frame with hand forged nails. Those took forever to remove.

Can I say that again? 
Forever.






Achy hands set in. Took a break. Cursed a bit. 


Found straw stuffing under the upper part of the chair. Sneezed a bit. 

Stapled fabric onto chair. This was by trial and error. Cursed some more. 


Then nailed in 223 nail heads. 


Don't ask me for a tutorial, I might throw the chair at you.

But......

I am happy. The chair is done. 

Want to see?

Before:


After:






Will I ever try something like this again?

 Not sure, after all that work I don't think I would hesitate paying a professional.

But my total cost might make me try again.
Chair: $50
Fabric {from Ikea}: 2 m @ $7.99m = $16
250 nail heads @ $ 0.8 ea = $20

Grand total: $86

 Have a wonderful weekend all my lovely readers!

 I finally finished my painting project that I have given you peeks of on my Facebook page. Hoping to set it up this weekend. 

What are you up to?

XO Barbara


*This chair is visiting:
SNS @ Funky Junk Interiors
Addicted 2 Decorating
Designer Garden
*Oct 29, 2011 visiting
Junkin Junky

No comments:

Post a Comment