Thursday, December 3, 2009

~Boy's Bedroom~

I have finally put together my son's room. You can check out some of the painting projects here, here, and here.

This was the before - we live in a rental that had horrible paint colours in the bedrooms. This room was a really dark snot green. I painted the walls a very pale yellow beige. It is a bit too yellow for my liking and will try something different in the next house.





After





I made do with what I had except for the purchase of the frame for the map. I painted the hand-me-down furniture to give it a more cohesive look except for the bed. The bed was mine from when I was young made by my dad.



My goal is to find him a new bed, hopefully can score one from Craigslist. I also want to get a taller bookcase -Craigslist again. Since we live in earthquake country my hubby doesn't like me to hang things above the kids beds. I do want to find a large letter "A" for his room though - maybe I can find one that is lightweight and won't knock you out if it falls off the wall! The duvet cover I made from bed sheets. They were a close match to some Serena and Lily fabric I *loved*









No comments:

Post a Comment